A Mess Down In Egypt is the 21st Silly Song and the second one done by the Boyz in the Sink.
Announcer: And now it's time for Silly Songs with Larry, the part of the-
Mr Lunt: Check it, V.O. Dude. Yo, me and the Boyz had an idea about another way to tell this Moe story. Right, Boyz?
Mr Lunt: Yo! Listen to the boys and we'll tell you (Boyz join on this word) now! How loosin' your cool and having a (Boyz join) cow! Can run you out when your lid gets flipped, and get your mug up all over Egypt!
Boyz: Na na na, na na na na, na na na na na na.
Mr. Lunt: On the banks of the Nile, born and (Boyz join) raised! In the crib of the pharaoh in his teenage (Boyz join) days. Chillin'. Kickin'. Wearing silk jamsies, learning hieroglyphics from his grandad Ramses. When a whack Egyptian-
Boyz: Black belt kung foo!
Mr. Lunt: Started whoopin' it up-
Boyz: On his homey Hebrew!
Mr. Lunt: Coulda called the cops, stood back but instead -
Boyz: He took a big stick upside of his head!
All: A mess down in Egypt, our troubles are severe. Na na na, na na na na, na na na na na na. The stress down in Egypt increases more each year. Na na na, na na na na, na na na na na na.
Mr Lunt: Now word spread fast and he got all scared.
Mr. Lunt: He'd be better off by avoiding the Pharoah(oh). He packed his bags, thinkin' if he stayed they'd be punishing him in a capital way!
Boyz: Oh! Oh!
Mr. Lunt: Now Lord only knew, but he thought he might-
Boyz: Stay a while in the desert like a Midionite.
Mr. Lunt: To disengage his rage and become equipped to return to his home as the prince of Egypt.
All: Our guess, down in Egypt, no moving day is near. Na na na, na na na na, na na na na na na. Unless the prince of Egypt will take us out of here. Na na na, na na na na, na na na na na na, na na na na na na na. Hey!
- This is the shortest Boyz in the Sink song to date. Brian states this because they didn't want to overspend the budget like they did with the previous song.
- This is one of the few Silly Songs that follow with the episode, since Larry leaves wearing the Lone Stranger hat.
- The title card and music at the beginning is a reference to the cancelled Silly Song Larry was about to sing, Bear Trap, before it was replaced with His Cheeseburger.
- Boyz In The Sink are wearing the same clothes they wore in the Belly Button song, though the color of Junior's shirt has changed and that Larry no longer has his beard.
- This is the second Boyz in the Sink song to be paired with a Western Bible story.
- Larry's background with the ducks is referring to King George.