His Cheeseburger is the eighth Silly Song and it's Mr. Lunt's first song. It is about Jerry trying to order a cheeseburger.
(music starts playing banjo)
The Announcer: And now it's time for Silly Songs with Larry, the part of the show where Larry comes out and sings a silly song.
Archibald: (offscreen) Just a moment! Wait! Stop talking!
(music stops, and Archibald shows up with a letter)
Excuse me, I have an announcement!
(clears his throat, and reads out a letter)
"Because of the high standards we on this show strive to adhere to, and as a result of the disastrous outcome of the previous silly song, management has decided to review compositions from other performers for this segment. Several songs were screened and we chose one based on the applicants sense of artistry and all around propriety." Thank you.
(Larry looks confused)
Larry: So what are you saying?
Archibald: (offscreen) I'm saying (onscreen) that Silly Songs is cancelled until futher noticed.
(Larry looks behind on the bear trap)
Larry: Oh, yeah?! Well, then how'm I supposed to get out of this bear trap?
Archibald: I'm sure you'll figure something out.
(pea worker shows up and pulls out the new title card)
Announcer: And now it's time for Love Songs with Mr. Lunt, the part of the show where Mr. Lunt and sings a love song.
Lunt: He said to her, "I'd like a cheeseburger
And I might like a milkshake as well"
She said to him, "I can't give you either"
And he said, "Isn't this Burger Bell?"
She said," Yes it is but we're closed now
But we open tomorrow at 10"
He said, " I am extremely hungry
But I guess I can wait until then"
Cause you're his cheeseburger
His yummy cheeseburger
He'll wait for yo-u, yeah
He will wait for yo-u
Oh, you are his cheeseburger
His tasty cheeseburger
He'll wait for yo-u
Oh, he will wait for you
(changes to morning)
He stayed at the drive-thru till sunrise
He may have dozed off once or twice
When he spotted a billboard for Denny's
Bacon and Eggs for half price
How could he resist such an offer?
He really needed something to munch
Cheeseburger please do not get angry
Chorus: Don't get angry
He'll eat and be back here for lunch
Cause you're his cheeseburger
His precious cheeseburger
Be back for yo-u
He'll be back for yo-u
Won't be so long cheeseburger
Oh, lovely cheeseburger
Be back for yo-u
Oh, he'll be back for you
Because he loves you cheeseburger
With all his heart
And there ain't nothin' gonna tear
You tw-o apart
And if the world suddenly ran out of cheese
He would get down on his hands and knees
To see if someone accidentally dropped
Some cheese in the dirt
And he would wash it off for you
Wipe it off for you
Clean that dirty cheese off
Just for you!!!
You are his cheeseburger
Archibald: I thought you were going to sing about growing up in Connecticut!
Announcer: This has been Love Songs with Mr. Lunt. Tune in next time to hear Mr. Lunt say...
Mr. Lunt: I grew up in New Jersey.
Mike Nawrocki originally had the idea of a song called "Drive-Thru Girl" about Larry trying to hit on a girl from the drive-thru. He later changed it to "His Cheeseburger" as he didn't feel it sounded like Larry, but later discovered it as a bit creepy. He assumed it'd be more funny if it was about cheeseburgers, and added Jerry in with Mr. Lunt singing. He and Kurt got inspiration from listening to albums of Meatloaf and Air Supply. Kurt stated in the End of Silliness commentary that Mike slightly copied it from a Spanish soap opera he used to watch.
- At the beginning if the Silly Song, Larry was originally going to perform his Silly Song "Bear Trap", until Archibald interrupted and cancelled the Silly Song and moving onto this one. The "Bear Trap" Silly Song was going to really be performed as a Silly Song for Moe and the Big Exit, until the Boyz in the Sink interrupted and performed their own Silly Song A Mess Down In Egypt. As a result, the Bear Trap Silly Song was left unfinished.
- This is the only Silly Songs with Larry food song in Softimage.
- According to the audio commentary, a few lyrics to the unfinished "Bear Trap" Silly Song (which was originally intended to have a similar tune to "His Cheeseburger") were as follows:
- "She said to me, 'You're stuck in a bear trap. And you may need some help getting out.'"
- "She said... '...Something...Something...Something...And I think that that moose has gout.'"
- Tait performs a cover of this song on VeggieRocks!.
- This, along with "The Forgive-O-Matic", was featured on the TV version of The Gourds Must Be Crazy. Also, during it's airing, Archibald's line about silly songs being cancelled has been cut off and just goes directly to the song.
- This appeared on "WOW 1999".
- Jerry asks if he's at Burger Bell, and the person "taking the order" confirms he is. This doesn't explain, though, how somehow he knows the billboard is advertising a half-price offer for Denny's when the name of the restaurant isn't even mentioned on the billboard.
- There must be little worry of loitering at Burger Bell since Jerry is able to sleep off the night in the drive-thru without being towed. Then again there might've been no one working at the restaurant after closing who surely would've seen Jerry and called police, though that would also beg the question of why the restaurant has no security cameras anywhere.
- The foreign versions have the same instrumental as Mess Down in Egypt's Beartrap Song intro, while the English one got a different exclusive banjo one.
Real World References
- Burger Bell is a parody of Burger King and Taco Bell.
- Larry's hat resembles Davey Crockett's hat.
- The light bulbs on the clown vanish when daylight comes.