Jimmy and Jerry Gourd are brothers and two of the main characters of VeggieTales.
Jimmy and Jerry first worked at the USS Applepies with Bob, Larry, and Scooter. Scooter didn't like them at first because all they do is sing and eat, and thought they were crazy. Junior then met them and after hearing Jimmy say he'd like to eat a whole planet, he told the crew to send the brother gourds in the space pods so they could eat the popcorn meteor and save the ship. They were then congratulated and Jerry found the electric plug for the ship's power and everybody was happy of what they did.
They also took over the Countertop when they wanted to host the show, which unfortunately didn't go well as expected.
Like Bob and Larry are the Abbot and Costello, Jimmy and Jerry are the Tweedledee and Tweedledum. They like eating and singing a lot. They don't do a whole lot, but they do like helping others when they're needed.
Like Larry, they're clueless and they often like people to laugh.
Jimmy is considered the more brash and talkative one, while Jerry is the slightly intelligent and quiet one.
Both Jimmy and Jerry are gourds, and they're half identical. Jimmy is short and orange, and has a low voice, while Jerry is tall and yellow, and has a high voice.
Jimmy and Jerry appeared in numerous episodes since their debut, both appearing with each other and apart.
Jimmy's best known roles are Jim Gourdly, Dr. Jiggle/Mr. Sly, the King of Memphis, and Leg-o-Lamb. He is also a member of the Boyz in the Sink.
Jerry's best known roles are the Constable, the Swede, the Duke of New Orleans, and the other Elf.
- Jimmy and Jerry's names originated from the original landowners of Big Idea's second location at the manufacture screw factory.
- According to Phil Vischer, the original voices were inspired by a boss that he and Mike once worked for. Over the years, Jimmy's voice became more flamboyant, while Jerry's became more nasally.
- Since Minnesota Cuke and the Coconut Apes, Jimmy is often seen without a stem. In the commentary for A Snoodle's Tale , Mike Nawrocki states that the stem is something similar to a toupee.
- In the original concept art, Jimmy and Jerry were meant to be bumpy.
- Jimmy and Jerry's voices were based off Mike Nawroki and Phil Vischer doing their impressions of a former boss who talked uptight.
- Jimmy's voice was used as the mad scientist and Frankencelery in Where's God When I'm S-Scared?. It was rumored that Jimmy played the mad scientist.
- In Are You My Neighbor?, Jerry's voice was slightly deeper and sounded like Scallion #2.
|VeggieTales Main Cast|
|Bob • Larry|
|Junior Asparagus • Archibald Asparagus • Pa Grape • Laura Carrot • Jimmy and Jerry Gourd • Mr. Nezzer • Mr. Lunt • The French Peas • Madame Blueberry • Petunia Rhubarb • Qwerty|