| MacLarry and the|
Stinky Cheese Battle
July 30, 2013
MacLarry and the Stinky Cheese Battle is the 46th episode of VeggieTales.
- Air mail is a mail transport service branded and sold on the basis of being airborne.
- Lactose intolerance is the inability of adults to digest lactose, a sugar found in milk and to a lesser extent dairy products, causing side effects.
- Caber is a roughly trimmed tree trunk used in the Scottish Highland sport of tossing the caber. This involves holding the caber upright and running forward to toss it so that it lands on the opposite end.
- This was the first episode for several things:
- The first VeggieTales episode not to feature a commentary since Lord of the Beans.
- The first instance the Silly Song Announcer voices for something else outside the Silly Songs.
- The first episode Scooter appears in the countertop, although he did first appear in God Made You Special. This is also the first time he appears in all three segments (ie. countertop, story, and Silly Song).
- There were a few differences between the pre-production and the final.
- It was never explained what happened to the Roman after he fell into the gorge.
- The DVD case is inaccurate:
- The cover and Petunia's promotional model displays her with ponytails. Either this was going to be her hair in the episode, or just for marketing.
- On some versions of the DVD cover, the characters in the background image look unfinished.
- The extras section states that there's a downloadable activity pack, but it's not included.
- Pompous said "That's right!" when MacLarry learns that Archie-medes is in prison.
- "Archie-medes" is a spoof of Archimedes (287-212), an Ancient Greek mathematician, physicist, engineer, inventor, and astronomer.
- "Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears" is the first line of a speech by Mark Antony in the play Julius Caesar, by William Shakespeare.
- Febreze (spelt Fabreeze in the subtitles) a brand of household odor eliminators manufactured by Procter & Gamble. The cans the Barber-Barians use do not match the real product, as they have a special nozzle design contrast to regular air freshener cans.