This list is for characters who only appear in VeggieTales, listed in chronological order.
Lumpy and two other Singing Closet MonstersAfter Bob was singing about not being afraid to Junior, three monsters showed up from his closet and hopped into his sock drawer.
The first monster is Lumpy, who is sea foam green with pink spots on him, a big pink nose and eyelids. The second one is yellow with sea foam green eyelids and a light blue mohawk. The third one is orange with purple eyelids, spikes and a big purple nose.
- Lumpy is the only named monster out of the three, as confirmed by Phil Vischer.
- Lumpy's design may be inspired later for the Fib.
Henry the Potato
A potato miner from West Virgina. Henry is a coal miner from West Virginia.
During the commercial for the Forgive-o-Matic, he recommend costumers the Ginsu teak knives.
- Most fans think he was redesigned as Po-Tato. However, it's impossible that's the same character.
Lovey is Archibald's wife. She used to appear alongside her husband.
- God Wants Me to Forgive Them!?!
- Are You My Neighbor?
- The End of Silliness? (does not speak)
- Bacon and Ice Cream (mentioned; referred as wife)
- Originally, she used the same model as Junior's mother in Take 38. However, after Junior was created, they created a new model for her.
Palmy The Palm Tree
Palmy is a palm tree. Bob, Larry, and their passengers were stranded. Palmy lives on a small island in the middle of the ocean. Archibald and his wife think that a nearby tree is calling Larry's name, but then discover it is Bob on top of the tree. Later in the story, after everyone forgives Larry for crashing the boat, they think they hear a tree speaking again, only this time they were right. A palm tree named Palmy comes up to them and congratulates them on forgiving each other, then sings The Forgiveness Song. The coconuts hanging from him sang along.
Carrot GuardsThe Carrot Guards first appear when they were told to seize Rack, Shack and Benny and throw them in the furnace. However, before they fall into the furnace fire, Laura Carrot rescues them. Two of the guards pursue them on flying cars into the factory vents. One of the guards crash into a wall and falls into a vat of chocolate. The second guard goes through the wrong vent and also falls in a vat of chocolate.
The carrot guards only appeared in Rack, Shack and Benny. In that episode, they were eyeless. They later appeared in The League of Incredible Vegetables and Merry Larry and the True Light of Christmas, but as police men with visible beady eyes.
Manuel is Larry's Mexican friend who joins him in singing Feliz Navidad. His only appearance to date was in the first Christmas album A Very Veggie Christmas. He is not to be confused with the role Archibald played in Beauty and the Beet.
- According to Mike, he originally intended to have Manuel be voiced by his friend Manuel Valencia who, along with Mike's wife Lisa, did the Spanish translation for Dance of the Cucumber.
Art Bigotti Asparagus
Art Bigotti is known as the famous bowler who appeared a few times in the series.
He originally appeared in a signed plate that Junior's dad owned, which Junior later broke when he tried grabbing it from the cabinet.
He later appeared psychically in the Silly Song Larry's High Silk Hat while waiting for the trolley.
Bigotti actually spoke in Creativity City with a Chicago accent.
- According to Phil, he was solely created was because his name rhymes with "naughty".
Whenever someone has to be sent to the Island of Perpetual Tickling, a long thin veggie that wears a brown robe with a long feather comes out and tickles the punished victims to the island endlessly. He doesn't speak at all, and eerie organ-like music plays whenever he shows up.
He is only seen in Esther.
- The name was coined by Mike Nawrocki in the episode commentary.
- On a similar note, Phil stated that a child of a close friend of his called it "Bad Bird".
- In the concept art, the Grim Tickler was going to have glove-like hands, similar to what the Snoodles have later.
- If you look closely, you can see he only has a nose and no eyes. Meaning the character is eyeless.
Penelope and Mabel
Penelope and Mabel are both minor and recurring female characters that appeared in VeggieTales. In their debut, they were waiting for husbands to come back home from pillaging the other night. The two later appeared in Jonah when they spotted the prophet by the docks, and wonder what's the new message from God.
Penelope is a yellow gourd with a green nose, and speaks in a British accent. Mabel is an asparagus, and speaks with a Cockney accent.
- They are possibly based after the unnamed asparagus and pear that appeared in the first episode.
- Mabel's model is somewhat based on Lovey.
- In later episodes, Penelope gained an American accent, possibly because her original actress left the show.
- Though like Charlie Pincher, she probably switches accent for whatever role she plays.
The Captain of S. S. Minnow
After God told Maewyn that it's time for him to leave Ireland, Maewyn spotted a dock and talked to the Captain there if he can have a lift. The Captain says he can, and the whole crew went to French. They were suppose to head to the nearest town, but there directions were a bit off, and got lost and ran out of supplies. The Captain asks Maewyn if he can for some food, which they later did when one of the sailors spotted some pigs. The Captain and his crew later thanked Maewyn and God for the food. They eventually got to the next town afterwards.
He was only seen in the Story of St. Patrick.
- Considering how his accent is portrayed, it's assumed the Captain's Scottish.
Pea GirlsThe Pea Girls worked mostly as cheerleaders at football games, and know for their styles. They also work for Vanna Banana.
One pea has blonde hair with pigtails, the second one has red hair with pearl earrings, and a purple bow in a ponytail, and the third one has brown hair. As cheerleaders, they hold purple pom poms.
They first appeared in Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Samson's Hairbrush and appeared ever since.
Marching Band MembersAfter Gideon's final warriors were chosen by God, they have to dress up as Marching Band Members to scare the Midianite camps with their horns, drums, and flashlights. Percy Pea is one of these warriors.
They first appeared in Gideon: Tuba Warrior and appeared ever since.
Lumberjacks are carrots and background characters that originally worked at Dooley and Sons Lumber Camp.
Their costume are typical traditional, old-style lumberjacks, ranging from red to blue.
They originally appeared in Tomato Sawyer and Huckleberry Larry's Big River Rescue and Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Noah's Umbrella.
Milano, Espresso, and Dorito
Milano, Espresso, and Dorito are Gelato's brothers. They originally left to go to the Island of Boyardee, until a whale swallowed them. They were soon reunited when the whale swallowed Gelato and they soon escape the belly of the beast.
They share the same designs to Larry's Brothers.
- Their names are a take to Milan (The city of Italy), Espresso coffee, and Frito-Lays' Doritos.