Mr. Nezzer is one of the main characters from VeggieTales. He temporarily plays the main antagonist in the films, but outside of them, is a very nice person. He was dropped from the series around 2014, and replaced by the similar-looking Ichabeezer due to Dreamworks' policy against interracial casting (as Nezzer, who was ostensibly African-American due to being an impersonation of Ken Page, as detailed below, was voiced by Phil Vischer, who is white).
In his debut episode, he and Mr. Lunt work at the chocolate factory.
- A running gag the characters Mr. Nezzer plays since his debut is that they often run a factory.
- Phil's inspiration for Mr. Nezzer's voice was that of Oogie Boogie from The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- Mr. Nezzer in his original appearance was inspired by Nebuchadnezzar II from the original Biblical account of "Shadrach, Medshash, and Abedengo" from the Book of Daniel. His voice according to Phil Vischer was inspired by Ken Page as Oogie Boogie from the 1993 stop-motion film "The Nightmare Before Christmas".
- Has had the most villainous roles out of all the characters.
- He has very short minor roles in both VeggieTales movies.
- Duke and the Great Pie War is the only time he worked for Mr. Lunt.
- He often works with Mr. Lunt as villains, good guys, or just partners.
- He is partners in "Sheerluck Holmes" and "Duke and the Great Pie War."
- He is known for singing "The Bunny Song."
- He was the good guy in most episodes, but he was villainous in some episodes.
- He seen was reformed in 4 episodes.
- He is not a mostly villain, but only sometimes he plays as villainous, not always.
- He temporarily was a villain first, later he was reformed to believe in God.
See Mr. Nezzer/Gallery.
|VeggieTales Main Cast|
|Bob • Larry|
|Junior Asparagus • Archibald Asparagus • Pa Grape • Laura Carrot • Jimmy and Jerry Gourd • Mr. Nezzer • Mr. Lunt • The French Peas • Madame Blueberry • Petunia Rhubarb • Qwerty|