|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the song, the superhero team or the book.|
|The League of Incredible Vegetables|
October 16, 2012
The League of Incredible Vegetables is the 45th episode of VeggieTales and the fourth Larry-Boy episode.
Bob and Larry get a video call from Alfred that someone emailed Larry-Boy that he's afraid of everything, including snakes, and needs help to overcome his fear.
- Junior Asparagus
- Petunia Rhubarb
- Mr. Lunt
- Archibald Asparagus/Alfred
- Laura Carrot
- Dr. Flurry
- Trolls could be either of these two:
- European mythology creatures
- An internet term used for people who join online communities just to annoy other users.
- Labor Day is a American holiday celebrated on the first Monday of September.
- The episode's original title was LarryBoy and the League of Superheroes.
- In the trailer, the signal shown was at nighttime, but in the actual episode, it is shown at daytime.
- The Fear-Dar is also known as the Refrigerator, as seen in the newspaper.
- This was the first episode for several things:
- The first Larry-Boy episode to have a Silly Song.
- The first Larry-Boy episode where Bob gets a major role (barring the cartoon series)
- The first Larry-Boy episode where Junior, Mr. Lunt, and Petunia are superheroes.
- The first episode where Bob and Larry get a video chat that is not from a child.
- The first Larry-Boy episode to be set during winter.
- The first Fall released episode since The Wonderful Wizard of Ha's not to be Christmas related.
- This was the last episode of several things:
- The last appearance for Larry-Boy in his third costume.
- The last episode John Wahba worked on.
- The last time Qwerty gets a video chat to date.
- The last episode to feature either both full and widescreen.
- Some of the superpowers/gadgets Junior tried out before becoming Ricochet are:
- Magnetic Manipulation
- Throughout the episode, the cable on Larry-Boy's plungers switches from the nylon cable texture to the basic yellow rope.
- How was Officer Scooter supposed to know which one was the fake or the real one? Officer Scooter said the League got the fake one, but never stated how were they supposed to know in the first place.
- One shot shows Qwerty's shadows missing.
- Larry-Boy being frozen in ice a reference towards the third LarryBoy Super Short.
Real World References
- The penguins stealing something from a museum is a reference towards the Wallace and Gromit short "The Wrong Trouser", where Feathers tries to steal a diamond.
- Grand Theft Gelato is a reference to Grand Theft Auto.
- The scene Larry-Boy shows up from the dark is reference to the Christopher Nolan's "Dark Knight" trilogy.
- Pull-Ups are training pants by diaper brand Huggies.
- Kryptonite is a radioactive mineral from the DC universe which is often the weakness for Kryptonians. Particularly Superman.
- Food City is a American supermarket chain, which are more recognized in Kentucky, Virginia, and Tennessee.
- Go-Gurt is a yogurt brand by Yoplait where you can eat yogurt through a tube.
- Angry Birds is a video game franchise used for cellphones and tablets.
- Junior would later use rockets in another Larry-Boy episode.