The Water Buffalo Song is the first Silly Songs with Larry. It was meant to be the only.
The Announcer: And now it's time for Silly Songs with Larry, the part of the show where Larry comes out and sings a silly song. So without further ado, Silly Songs with Larry.
(Larry pops in wearing an oversized cowboy hat)
Larry: The Water Buffalo Song!
(Larry smiles as the music begins)
Larry: Everybody got a water buffalo.
Yours was fast, but mine was slow.
Oh where'd we get them, I don't know, but everybody got a water buffalo-oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
I took my buffalo to the store.
(saloon door comes in)
Got his head stuck in the door.
(puts head in saloon door)
Spilled some lima beans on the floor.
Oh, everybody got a...
(Archibald comes in)
Archibald: Stop it! Stop, stop right this instant, what do you think you're doing!? You can't say everyone got a water buffalo when everyone did not have a water buffalo! We were going to get nasty letters saying, "Where's my water buffalo? Why don't I have a water buffalo?" And are you prepared to deal with that? I don't think so! Just stop being so silly!
The Announcer: This has been Silly Songs with Larry. Tune in next time to hear Larry sing:
(Larry pops in)
Larry: Everybody got a baby kangaroo.
Yours was pink, but mine was blue.
Hers was small but...
(Archibald rushes in)
Archibald: Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh! (runs over Larry)
- This is the only Silly Song for these things:
- For the 15th anniversary of Where's God When I'm S-Scared?, Larry's voice (with the exception of the beginning and ending) is re-dubbed with his current voice. This resulted in some of Archibald's dialogue being cut. This version is also featured in And Now It's Time for Silly Songs with Larry: The Complete Collection.
- In The Ultimate Silly Song Countdown, Larry and Archibald's voices were pitched down by a semitone. However, the original pitch of Larry's voice was still used in a snippet of the song when it is played at the beginning of the video, as well as in a trailer for the video. It also shows the portion where Archibald Asparagus gave a "hmph" expression before he left, which was cut in other episodes where this song was played for unknown reasons (except in the 1993 VHS of Where's God When I'm S-Scared?).
- The part where Larry sustains "everybody's got a water buffalo" was meant to be a short note, but Mike Nawrocki insisted on sustaining it in homage to The Three Amigos theme song. It took a couple takes to get it right.
- Originally, this was meant to be the only silly song as all the other episodes would have other funny segments, with another silly song maybe once in a while. But after fans wrote angry letters to Big Idea asking why there was no silly song in the second video, the silly song became a regular thing.
- Superchick did a cover of this song on VeggieRocks!
- This was featured on the classroom edition of The Grapes of Wrath, as well as some international releases of Madame Blueberry.