Zidgel is the captain of the Rockhopper from the Federation.
Zidgel is the keyboardist for the Penguins. He was voted "Most Likely to become an Elvis Impersonator" by his class at the Academy. Zidgel took up the piano because he knew he could always check his appearance in its shiny black mirror-like finish.
Zidgel's keyboard training started when he found an ad for a piano correspondence course on his jar of Jerry Lee Lewis Rock 'N Roll Hair Parmade.
Zidgel is somewhat idiotic and is always obsessed with his appearance. Zidgel is shown to act brave for the camera, but be a chicken on the inside. Zidgel is the one who most of the aliens look up to for help, not knowing that this particular alien penguin has no idea on what is going on. Still, he has made various contributions and laughs towards the crew.
According to his voice actor Ron Wells, he is somewhat a mix of Ted Baxter and Captain Kirk.
The only person who will show anger or come-backs towards Zidgel is Midgel.
Zidgel is a Rockhopper penguin. His costume is a orange suit with brown gloves and shoulder pads, and the emblem Z.
During his retirement, he wears a similar suit to his old one, but blue.
Zidgel appeared in every episode of 3-2-1 Penguins!
- Keith Lango (Promo)
- Ron Wells (Trouble on Planet Wait-Your-Turn - Moon Menace on Planet Tell-a-Lie!)
- John Payne (TV show only)
- Tomás Doval (Spanish dub)
- Eldad Prives (Hebrew dub)
- In early concept art, Zidgel's costume was blue. While this never passed for Zidgel in the final version of the show, this eventually became his retirement suit.
- His favorite foods are a sugarless Chewy Chunky Glop o' Fudge bar, barbequed lard chips, and a Slime Slurp (extra slime).
- The official website before its revamp in 2002 states he likes mackerel with a touch of butter and a hint of lime.
- Zidgel is highly allergic to avocados and any products containing it. It's unknown what happens to him after he's in contact with it.
- According to the other crew members, Zidgel doesn't like wearing glasses because he thinks they make him look silly. However, he contradicts this saying they make red marks on his beak.
- In 3-2-1 Penguins! Promo, his middle name is Lloyd.
- He and Fidgel are the only penguins who mentioned about their families. In Zidgel's case, his mother.
- Zidgel bears a striking resemblance to Chanticleer from "Rock-a-Doodle".
- According to an older version of the Big Idea website, if he wasn't on a spaceship crew, he would be either a hair model or shearing sheep.
- Zidgel's hobbies are space exploration and listening to Elvis Presley albums.
|Zidgel • Midgel • Fidgel • Kevin|
|Jason Conrad • Michelle Conrad|